The official website of Stanion Parish Council
Operated by Stanion Parish Council.
Public Notices & Latest News
Don’t become a victim of SCAMS, follow these basic guidelines.
Be aware of people offering or selling:
- Virus testing kits – these are only offered by the NHS
- Vaccines or miracle cures – there is currently no vaccine or cure
- Home decontamination services
- Shopping or medication collection services
- Overpriced or fake goods to protect yourself from coronavirus, such as anti-bacterial products
- Don’t be rushed into making a decision
- If it seems too good to be true it probably is
- Don’t assume that everyone is genuine, it is OK to reject, refuse or ignore offers
- If someone claims to represent a Charity or other organisation, ask to see their Identity Card
- Check with family or trusted friends or neighbours before deciding
- You do NOT have to answer any cold calls, by phone, social media or at your door
For further advice Contact:
Citizens Advice Consumer Hotline on 0808 223 11 33
Report a scam to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040
Contact your bank immediately if you think you have been scammed
Stanion Grass Cutting
Many of you may be aware of the nationwide drive to improve the environment to support biodiversity in nature. Last summer the Parish Council resolved on a one-year trial of the re-wilding of the three entrances to the village in 2020, with the intention of creating wildflower meadows to help increase floral biodiversity and to aid and encourage pollinators, such as butterflies and bees, which are in decline.
A new contractor has been appointed to carry out the grass cutting and they will commence work during the week 1 – 5 June 2020.
The Spring/Summer Newsletter has now been published on this website under ‘Newsletter’. To avoid any undue risk with regard to COVID-19 the Newsletter will only be published on the site and will not be provided as a hard copy to each household. We are confident that things will be back to normal for the Autumn/Winter 2020 edition.
Vacancies & Volunteering
There are still vacancies for councillors and opportunities to support the village by becoming a volunteer to assist the Parish Council in its work, in a capacity that suits your availability and skills. If you are interested then please contact: Cllr Helen Heelan Clerk Stanion Parish Council (unpaid) Stanion Parish Council, The Village Hall, Brigstock […]
Crime & Police Matters
We are fortunate that we enjoy a very low crime rate in the Parish, though we should never be complacent. You will find a link on the home page to the Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner’s website, which contains a range of useful, relevant and up to date information. Please report every incident of […]